Covid has taken a toll on everyone, Many of us have incurred losses. From jobs to friends and family, to simply our way of life. It has been tough for all of us, but there is hope on the horizon. Here are 7 work strategies for employees in a post covid world:
1) Ask your employer about the possibility of working from home: With the technological advances we have made in recent years, more and more employers are open to the idea of employees working from home. If you feel that you would be more productive working from home, talk to your boss about the possibility.
2) Get vaccinated: This is probably the most important thing you can do for yourself and your loved ones. Getting vaccinated will help protect you from the virus and will help ensure that you can continue to work and support your family. Even if you choose to remain unvaccinated, continue to take the necessary precautions to protect yourself and others. Remember that many people have either lost their jobs or died.
3) Stay healthy: Eat a balanced diet, take immune-boosting supplements, exercise regularly, and get enough sleep. These things will help your immune system stay strong, which is important in fighting off any illness, including covid-19.
4) Avoid close contact with people who are sick: This is one of the most important things you can do to protect yourself from getting sick. If you must be around someone who is sick, wear a mask and keep your distance as much as possible.
5) Disinfect surfaces: Regularly disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched, such as door handles, countertops, and light switches. This will help to prevent the spread of any germs that may be on these surfaces. If you are working in the office, have a small can of Lysol to disinfect your station if possible.
6) Wash your hands often: This is one of the most important things you can do to protect yourself from getting sick. Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Avoid touching your face, and if you must do so, make sure to wash your hands first.
7) Stay home if you are sick: If you are feeling sick, it is best to stay home and rest. This will help you to get better faster and prevent the spread of illness to others. If you must go out, be sure to wear a face mask and practice social distancing. Please make sure that you are aware of your local laws and guidelines when it comes to sick leave. If you do not have any more sick leave left, speak to your HR officer about possible options.
Written By: The Management Resource